SKODA FELICIA SPARK PROBLEM

1997 Skoda Felicia

1997 Skoda Felicia Two Wheel Drive Manual 72,000 miles

I just bought a car that had been left since september and the tank waas almost emty. I filled it up not long after but I think some dirty fuel clogged up the filter. Not sure if that is it. It cut out with a juddering stop first and I had to be toed home. I charged the battery ( as It had died trying to get it started) also tightened the fan belt. I've had it running twice but doesn't seem to want to start. The engine is ticking over but no start. What may be the problem and is it likely to be something I can fix my self? It is a Skoda elicia 1.3 L 1997 by the way
Siamesegimp

Hi there,

Check that you have fuel pressure, and change the filter, check spark and that the spark plugs have not fouled up, I have no information at all on this car, so I can only advise on the basics to try and get you going again, is this an EFI car?

Mhpautos