SHIFT SOLENOID I THINK 3RD GEAR

2000 Ford Focus • 80,000 miles

While driving goes into 3rd gear but then when my to.S go up or I go over idk 30mph it disengaged then when let off gas or let rev down it engages again. Sounds like a solenoid but no codes? I need help nobody knows what it is here sounds like solenoid to me but why no codes any help would be very helpful.
Cfocus

Sometimes codes do not show because the solenoids are working correctly electrically but the mechnical side is leaking causing pressure drop. I would suggest checking the fluid condition and filter. If filter is partially clogged or level is low, insufficient fluid movement would cause symptoms as well.
.

Ok fluid level is ok idk about filter yet don't want to drain fluid an take pan off to switch filter out then just to have to replace solenoid after an waste fluid when drain again an waste it. Isn't it a special type of fluid also. So other then fluid low or filter being clogge is there anyway way a solenoid could be malfunctioning without a code. Fluid looks clean so guessing filter is good also

Cfocus
Chart shows the solenoid operations in the various modes. Did you test if there is any difference when OD button is turned on or off?

For testings of solenoid operations, a scan tool would be the easiest way to go about. It can read the various circuits and allows you to test the solenoids.

Ok well like said don't have codes coming up but same symptom as soliniod how can I test them to seeif working properly

Cfocus
You need a scan tool to test the solenoids.

Ya I know I already said that no codes are coming up with code scanner I have one. Like said no codes coming up on scanner.

Cfocus
I think it's a mrchical issue with one of them sticking or something are u talking shit a ocb 2 scanner

Cfocus
A scan tool can be used to activate the solenoids to see if they are working correctly. You don't need any codes to do that. How much do you know about cars anc scan tools?

If you want to do it old school, remove the solenoids and test them individually.

By the way when I say scan tool, I mean the real thing, not a code reader.

Oh ok well I live on st thoms in the virigin islands I don't think they have the scan tool anywhere here. How do I test the solenoids manually to make sure they are moving an working

Cfocus