CAR STALLING IMMEDIATELY AFTER STARTUP

1997 SEAT Ibiza

1997 SEAT Ibiza Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hey,

When I turn the key in my car the engine turns over and the car seems to be starting, but it dies straight away. The crank does turn, the plugs seems to fire but it dies. I'm thinking it's a fuel issue but the pump seems to be working (buzz on ignition on). I changed the fuel pump relay and checked the ignition fuse but both are sound. I'm thinking it's a fuel/electrical issue?

Any ideas?

Ja_B

I had mine changed last year. Due to Coil over (cracked). The one that produce charge to the spark plugs!

Iwanin
I seemed to have fixed the problem.
I replaced the fuel relay but no difference. Then my local mechanic (who doesnt repair cars with electrical issues) said that it sounded like it could be the immobiliser. I had recently changed the battery after the previous one had been dead for a while.
So I simply removed the terminals, cleaned them, and reconnected them thinking that the ECU might recognise the key on a reboot of the electrical system.
That logic must have been sound because the car worked on the first go and hasnt been giving trouble since.

Ja_B