WONT START

2008 Scion xD

2008 Scion xD 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

My 2008 scion xd cranks but wont start. What caould be wrong?
Tammhull

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Thanks for the suggestion Rasmataz. After exhausting all that I could do we finally hauled the car into the local Scion dealership. I need some input and thoughts into what I have been told now. The car has been there for four days nd they are telling me that the computer is not talking and responding to the computer (wtf?). I think my computer is crashed. They have been on the phone with tech and have tried resetting everything and have still not solved anything. I went in to retrieve some belongings out of the vehicle and it is TORE UP! I know they are trying to find the problem. My backseats are even out of it and the hubcaps off. Now, get this, they are leaning toward lightning damage because they cannot find the problem. What the what what? Here is the issue for me, the car is under warranty I even recently upgraded, but if they say it is lightning, then it becomes the responsibility of my insurance for repair costs. In turn my insurance is going to say prove it was lightning. See the vicious circle I am afrais is forming? Meanwhile I am without transportation that my warranty is supposed to cover while my vehicle is being repaired, but they cant pinpoint what the problem is. How should I handle this whole ordeal? Thanks.

Tammhull
They got to be joking with the lightning

The problem is, it cranks over and will not start and they cannot come up with what's wrong. It'll be very interesting if they can prove it-I don't think the insurance people will go for that Boo! Before Halloween

Even if the computer is not telling where to start, something has to give between these areas compression, fuel and spark if one of this goes it will cause the problem-Tear up the car for just that problem-lol They probably guessing which part/s to throw at it, if its the lightning in fact then they should give you another car bcuz the one they have now that's yours is unrepairable that's should go to the scrap yard for recycling

So what should I say to them? Im starting to get a little pissed. If they try giving me the run around tomorrow, Im not sure what to do. They even me that they looked at my car for lightning damage, but couldnt find any. Then told me that they had cases where lightning didnt actually hit the car just near it and it caused the computer damage.

Tammhull
If its a computer problem let them change it and see what happens whether it will fix the problem-for who knows they gonna try to tell you its not the lightning its due to static electricity in the vehicle that fried the computer unless they touched it before they ground themselves-my advise let them change it-