NO START WHEN WARM

1996 Saturn SW2

1996 Saturn SW2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110, 00 miles

Car starts instantly cold, and restarts instantly when warm after shut off. But after leaving it sit for 5 minutes or more, will crank but not restart until cools for an hour or more. Replaced CPS, Ignition box and coils, temp sender bulb, cleaned all grounds. Fuel pump runs and pressurizes normally, Tach shows revs when cranking. Car has no drivability issues nor engine codes. I am going crazy!
Planebones

Let's not panic just yet. What we need to do is determine what is missing on engine start. You mentioned you had fuel pressure and had changed the CPS, but you're losing something our it would run. Please advise.

James W.
I cleaned all of the connecters under the instrument panel. Now problem has dissapeared. Until when?

Please help me on my transmission question I posted seperately. Thanks ken

Planebones
I can't find anything posted on your transmission. Do you want to add it to this post? Feel free.

James W.
I just bought a 99 Audi A4 quatro with a dead transmission. No drive, noise, enguagment clunks no nothing, no burnt smell. Cable engagment seems OK, cleaned electrical plug ins.

Does anyone have any last thing to try before I yank it out?

Planebones
Yes, I would pull the trans pan and see what is laying in the bottom. Is the fluid red or brown? What's in the pan, brown sediment, black specs, metal shavings, silver or brass colored? This will tell us a lot about what is wrong with it. If you have the equipment you can do a pressure test on it before you pull the pan. A book will give you the pressure specs. I'll see what I can find.

James W.
Thanks: I pulled pan & opened filter.A moderate amount of all different species of metal flakes.I have seen worse, but something is shelling out.I have crossed the river into searching for a transmission. Thanks Ken

Have you ever changed an oil seal in a rack & pinion. This Audi is leaking out one side, or do you replace it? Thanks Ken

Planebones
I have tried rebuilding racks in the past. I also found you have about a 50% failure rate no matter how careful you are. I went to used or rebuilt units to save the grief.

James W.