NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH ??

2001 Saturn SW1

2001 Saturn SW1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 119000 miles

I just had the transmission rebuilt. It is not operating correctly now. Sometimes you have to pull the shifter to 3 for it to shift. Also at times, it BANGS when you shift from drive to reverse. Also noticed when you manually down shift while driving, there is no change. It just stays in high gear. Does not downshift.
I have taken it back to transmission shop.I do not trust what they as saying at this point. I think they are just stalling, due to it being a warranty job. Their first response to me after three days of me waiting for a response was maybe the neutral safety switch is malfunctioning. Sounds like bull crap to me, although I am not a certified mechanic.
YOUR THOUGHTS?
Gravesmailman

My thoughts on this is while it is still under warranty and u just paid all this money is I would go back there and have them fix it or they can pay someone else to fix it.I worked at saturn dealers for over 16yrs and I used to get transmission shops bringing cars over for me to fix that they completely rebuilt and it was still messed up. One time the customer didnt even know we had there car. What state do u live in?Do u have something similar to the bar like california does where u can file complaints about problems like ur having?Let me know

I was considering an attorney consultation for advice, since I am not all confident in this transmission shop. The shop has had my car since last Wednesday. This is almost a week later. What is a reasonable time for them to address a warranty & make repairs. I feel pretty sure I am NOT a priority, since it is a warranty repair for no pay.

Gravesmailman
He what state do u live in?Iam only asking u since u may have something like the bar california has to help people that have issues with car repairs there pretty effective usually it would save u a attorney.I would say since they rebuilt ur transmission and its still not right that they should have a answer for u in a day two days tops atleast some kind of answer. And they should give u a rental since ur out a car because of them. What was ur transmission doing that made it need a overhaul?

I am from Tennessee. Original transmission was a used one I installed that was bad & not shifting & roaring. They claimed it was wrong gear ratio & could only have another core that they purchase, rebuild & install for me. Thanks for your help

Gravesmailman
Sorry it took me so long to get back to u I never got a email to sAy u replied to my last post. Single over cam engines have differnt gear ratios then dual overhead cam engines so ethier the wrong transmission was put in or the wrong gear set from a dual overhead cam engine was put into ur transmission from a dual cam engine they will fit. They made u wait all this time for ur transmission repair?If they did I hope they gave u a rental car.I spent 3 weeks in down town Nashville living up there in Tennessee while I was being factory trained in spring hill by Saturn was staying right across from the state museum that was a cool museum. Also went to the Jack daniels distilery and took a road trip into alabama and saw my first cotton field beautiful country up there. Let me know what's going on.