AC CYCLES

1999 Saturn Sport Coupe

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Saturn Sport Coupe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

I have a 1999 saturn. The a/c will work when the car is first started for maybe 1 minute and then it stops, hot air blows out of the vents. The compressor will start again within a few minutes and the cold air starts again. The compressor will not run for more than 45 seconds at a time. The compressor is also making a bit of noise, not sure if its more than usual. Could this be from low freon?
Billyireland

A compressor cycling can be from low charge or too high of system pressure from a failed part or blockage in the system. Does your radiator fan come on when you turn on the a/c?

I checked the pressure and its good, the fan comes on.

Billyireland
What is your low side pressure and your high side pressure I need both for diagnoses. Your low side could be fine but if your high side get's too high your compressor will turn off.

I can only check the low side. Guess its off to the shop!

Billyireland
Yeah without the high side pressure it's only have the story. Sorry I couldn't tell you more.

Thanks for your help.

Billyireland