CAR PROBLEMS

1991 Saturn Sport Coupe

1991 Saturn Sport Coupe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive 148023 miles

My car when I start it in nuetral idiles just fine but when I push the clutch and put the car in to first the idil drops below a 1rpm in order for me not to kill it I have to rev it up or it will die. Anything you think of that I can check first, someone told me could be spark plugs just asking for you advise please!
Tonya29

If u have the car in first with the clutch pushed all the way in and the rpm drops that means ur clutch is dragging and not releasing all the way u ethier have a bad cutch master slave assembley or a bad clutch/pressure plate the rpms should go down till u release the clutch. When u push the clutch pedal down is it hard all the way down or does it drop before its hard or does it have pressure all the way down. Also make sure ur floor mat isnt under ur clutch pedal that could cause ur clutch not to fully release. Let me know what u find?
Louie