SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT

2002 Saturn SL2

2002 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 129900 miles

The code I received from AutoZone was P0341. When I removed and put back the gas cap and started the engine, the light was not lit.

Cound there have been a wrong diagnosis?
7flossie7

No the p0341 has nothing to do with a evap leak for that u would get like a p0442 or a p0455. The p0341 is probably just intermintant and the code reset. That code is usually caused by a bad plug carbon tracked or spark plug wires carboned up anything causing a bad connection to the spark plugs. Let me know what u find.

Thank you for the reply.

I did secure the gas cap and the light went out. Also, in contacting three auto parts companies and two Saturn dealerships, I have learned that the Saturn does not have a Camshaft Positioning Sensor.
It's probably the plugs and plug wires but the car is not missing at all and I do not have trouble starting it. I will just have to watch it for awhile.

7flossie7
I know there's no camshaft sensor I worked for Saturn dealers for over 16yrs repairing saturns. Ur car doesn't have to run bad to set that code it's just a bad connection in ur spark plug connection usually. Keep an eye on it it usually gets worse.

This engine uses the ign. Coil pulses to determine cam position, hence the cam position sensor code.

If the code comes back, and the plugs and wires are older, I'd replace then with ac delco ones.

Also, Isolate the wire from the ignition module to the PCM. ( Run new wire). The wire may be picking up something from one of the fuel injector wires in the harness.