TURBINE SPEED SENSOR LOCATION

1994 Saturn SL2

1994 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 163, 00 miles

I need to replace the turbine speed sensor on the transmission. Where is it located? I purchased the sensor and did not look for location yet?

Also, does the fluid need to be drained to change the sensor?

Bobjet69

It's on the transmission under where the air filter goes. It's right by the transmission filter I would make sure the harness is good the sensor's don't go bad often.

What goes bad in the harness? Are there other
items that are connected thru that harness?

Is it hard to change?

I put in the new turbine speed sensor and still have the light and Code 35-36. Mechanic says speedometer also reads from that sensor. Is that correct?

Still have hard shifting. Not driving far in case of
malfunction.

Bobjet69
You should get a new mechanic if he says the speedometer also reads from that sensor. That's the input speed sensor it tells the pcm what speed the input shaft is spinning inside the transmission. The output/speed sensor tells how fast your going. Now did you change the one by the transmission filter?I emailed you the trouble tree for your code's and a wire diagram. Most likely you have a damaged wire from the sensor to the pcm.I also emailed you where the pcm is.

Unfortunately, it is too small to read.

Thanks for all the other info.

Is the transmission sensor and the vehicle speed sensor the same sensor but used in both positions?

Bobjet69
I think there both the same sensor. So what's too small to read the wire diagram or the trouble tree?

It's the trouble tree

Bobjet69
I enlarged it for you and emailed it to you.