HALF SHAFT REPLACMENT

1998 Saturn SC2

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1998 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My sons 98 Saturn SC2 has some steering wheel shimmy at highway speeds. Put the car up on stands, visually checked suspension, steering linkage, etc. And all seems to be solid. I did however find excessive play in the coupled section (not cv area) of the passenger side half shaft and thinking this may be causing the problem. I dont think the alignment is off as the car will track fine. Could the half shaft be the problem?
Jhelmick

I would start by having ur wheels balanced that's the most common reason for ur concern. Let me know what u find.

Just had 4 very good used tires mounted balanced and put on, I suspected the old tires but did not make a difference.

Jhelmick
Ok so its not the wheel balance or tires or rims bent?When u step on the gas does the vibration get worse?If so I would then suspect a axle problem I have seen a couple and when u stepped on the gas the vibration got alto worse. If not then u will have to put the front end back up and look at everything wheel its spinning and u can feel the vibration whatever speed that is. Also check all the front end bolts strut tower nuts ball joint nuts subframe bolts everything etc for being tight. Let me know what u find.