CAR SPEEDOMETER

1997 Saturn SC2

1997 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 95688 miles

when I start the car the speedo needle reads below zero. When I drive approx. 10 mph the speedo reads 0 mph. What is/are the best ways to fix this problem?
Laxkingof2007

You having any issues with transmission shifting? Is the odometer still reading and working properly?

Bluelightnin6
I have the same problem you have. The speedometer and odometer do not work at all and I'm also having issues with the transmission shifting wildly or sometimes sticking in one gear at high RPMs. Any ideas? Could all of these problems be related?

Thanks in advance!

Thejake77
Do you have the same year and model?Any codes in the computer?

Yes, my car is also a '97 SC2. And according to the guys at my local Tuffy Muffler, there were no codes on their diagnostic. Although that didn't stop them from charging me $39.99 for it anyway.
They just repaired the flex pipe on my exhaust and gave it an oil change and sent me on my way. Needless to say, there are definitely more things wrong with it than that! My 'SERVICE ENGINE SOON' light has been on since I bought the car.

Thejake77
If the check engine light is on you should have codes if you dont live in California you should be able to go to a auto parts store and have them check for codes?

I live in Michigan, so I will get on top of that ASAP and get back to you! Thanks for your time! I greatly appreciate it!

Thejake77
I live in Michigan, so I'll get on top of that ASAP and get back to you soon. Thanks for your time! I greatly appreciate it!

Thejake77
Your welcome keep me posted with exact code numbers not code descriptions.

Will do!

Thejake77
The codes I got were P0500 and P0722. I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could give me to repair these problems myself. Thanks!

Thejake77
Page 1 of 2