SATURN SC2 HEADLIGHT SWITCH PROBLEM

1995 Saturn SC2

1995 Saturn SC2

Replaced headlight switch, now airbag light is on. When scanning the vehicle it reads. 55 mismatch airbag. It wont let me troubleshoot this code though and I dont know what it means.
Steelesauto

There is no code 55 for the airbag there is one for the automatic transmission, engine, and abs brakes though. When u removed the airbag coil did u tape it so it wouldnt spin while it was out?Also make sure the connector on the airbag coil is plugged in at the base of the column and at the cack of the airbag itself. Also check the airbag fuse. Let me know what u find.

Thanks for your help but it may be fixed now. We took it all apart and put it back together and the airbag light hasnt come back on again yet. When we scanned it with our scanner it said 55 mismatch airbag. Thats what was so confusing, that we couldnt find anything on a code 55. I will let you know if it comes back on again.

Steelesauto