96 SL2 DIED

1996 Saturn Other

The car was running fine, I was driving along and it just died. Now it won't even turn over. Nothing. When I turn the key the insterments light up, radio works, headlights work. Battery has 12.5 volts fuses seem to be fine. Ignition switch changed, same result. A friend suggested the starter but, would that make it just quit? Any sugesstions would be welcome
Ktnhellhole

Check the small wire on the starter. You should get 12 volts when the key is in the crank position

Jack42
^^^^^^^^^^^^^What He said.^^^^^^^^^^^
Power will flow from the ignition switch thru either the neutral/park safety switch (Automatic transmission) or the clutch safety switch. Look at the appropriate switch for your model and the wiring.
Good hunting. Let us know what you find. : )

Peppermrj
Sorry it took so long to get back in here. The starter turned out to be bad when tested at autozone. Put in a new one, and away we went. Thanks for the suggestions

Ktnhellhole