CAR CRANKS SPORADICALLY

2002 Saturn L300

2002 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

When I try to crank, the gas light, service light, check engine, it all comes on, dash lights up like a christmas tree, but then all disappear but gas light, service light and it wont actually crank up. Gas needle wont register there is gas in the car. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor and thought that was the trick but I let it sit for a few minutes, tried to crank it and got the gas light, gas needle didnt budge and service light came on. And yes, there is gas in it. Ive been told several different things by trani guy, cause when it finally did crank, it would shift really hard, said trani was shot, then told that the rear motor mount was broken, and that was reason for hard shift, but no answer why gas light, needle not working and service light comin on. I could spend thousands before its actually fixed. Any clues?
Keyli70

If your getting a no start with the gas gauge reading empty then you have a bad body control real common for that car. Also if you get me the trouble codes for the computer that would be great. If you go to a auto part's store like auto zone have them read your code's. If your transmission is shifting hard most of the time they can be fixed without taking them out.