TAKES FOREVER TO START

2001 Saturn L300

2001 Saturn L300 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 166666 miles

Mechanic isn't sure, computer says it is misfiring. Sometimes it will start 2nd or 3rd try sometimes 30 minutes trying. The part(throttle actuator control module he would like to try is $500 for part only and he isn't positive that is it. &Quot; they are stumped" . We have done all the maintenance that was suggested and the car has run very well for 10 years. I searched the internet and there are alot of unhappy people out there with this particular car and having many more problems. I was hoping to get a couple more years out of it. Please help. Thank you
AMEMUS

Lets look for a few things, first I want you to look for vacuum leaks, you can spray some brake kleen without the little straw, around and in back of the intake maniflold, while the car is running, if there is a change in idle then you have a leak in that area. Also check the accordian tube going from the air filter box to the throttle body for cracks leaks etc. Then change your pcv valve and check the mapp sensor keep me posted

The codes that came up are
P0606
P0202
P1519
the mechanic has looked for leaks
thank you

AMEMUS
202-injector circuit malfunction, there is your misfire, along with that comes 1519 malfunction in the idle air control valve circuit. And 606- pcm processor fault. So you will need to check the cylinder number two injector circuit, wiring could be frayed etc. And check the idle air control valve circuit before haveing to get your pcm" flashed" or replaced because of code-1519

Legitimate007