AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM

2003 Saturn L200

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Saturn L200 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

The a/c compressor comes on but the blower does not come on in the car unless I slam either front door.
In the summer the the dial to set the temperature goes up and then down and then up, very eratic, until it warms up.
I only get warm air when the temp dial is set at 27 or higher. Below that it blows cold and of course it takes a long time for the blower to work.

Do I have to replace the whole system as I am looking at the cost involved. Also can I do it myself.
Thanks for any info on this.
Ronricha

I would have the latest calibration put into your a/c control head I emailed you the tsb on that to your personal email. You also have a issue with your blower not coming on till you slam the door. Let's start with having the calibration done and also have them scan the a/c control module for code's before the calibrate it. Make sure you write down the code number's if there are any. Also make sure your a/c is fully charged you can do that after the calibration with one of those A/c low side gauge's they sell. You will have to get the calibration at the dealer.