ELECTRICAL SYSTEM PROBLEMS

2005 Saturn Ion

2005 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Have 2005 Saturn Ion the has some bizare electrical problems happening.
-the alarm goes off with doors locked,
-interior lights come on when stopped
-doors don't lock when put in drive and the horn will not honk.
-he horn blowes for no reason when the car is sitting.
ant help would be great!
Backyardmech1

It sounds like the body control module is going bad. Does this happen everyday, once a week, once a month?
All those problem stem from the BCM. Is it possible that this car could have a water leak?
Does it have a sunroof?
Let me know.

Basstech
Yes it has a sun roof and it happens every day and every time you take the key and get out

Backyardmech1
It sound like you could have a few things going on here.

If you have a bad door switch: the dome lights won't turn off at times, and the alarm could go off in the middle of the night or ramdomly.

But you also said that the doors don't lock when put in drive, that could just need to be reset, but you also said that the horn dosen; t blow?
From the steering wheel?

Basstech
Thought I would try one thing at a time and got lucky, removed LF door jamb switch and found corrosion, cleaned switch and corrected 1/2 the problems so removed RF door jamb switch and found more corrision, cleaned and lubricated with contct cleaner lubricant and all problems are gone. Thanks for directiing to the right place. Don't leave the forum you are saving people hundreds of dollars in garage fees.

Thanks for the help greatly appreciated.

Backyardmech1
No problem, glad I could help.

Basstech