STARTING

2003 Saturn Ion

2003 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45987 miles

Every few weeks my car won't start. It starts after waiting about ten minutes. Mechanic replaced battery that didn't help. Mechanic took out after market alarm. That didn't help. I have spent $300.
Donnakays

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

It sound's like you have a bad ignition switch really common for those car's you need to take it to a shop that can read your body control module code's if you have a B3033 and or a B2960 then replace the ignition switch and you will be good to go. It happens more often in the colder weather the no start's with the bad ignition switches.