96 9000 HEATER CORE LOCATION

2012 SAAB Other

I have a 1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2.3 L turbo (142k mi)with an antifreeze odor when car is running. I'm assuming I need to replace the heater core but I don't know where it is located & if it is under the dash, how do I access it?
Dsrxb

Heater core will need replacing. I have a 1992 9000 and the part should be in the same place. Under the hood near the back false firewall or bulkhead. There is a flat panel that will have to be taken off(about 5 small screws). Lift it out of the way and the blower motor can be seen. It will have to be taken out also. The heater core in under the blower motor. Winshield wiper motor, and other parts will have to be moved out of the way. Once heater hoses are disconnected the heater core will easily slide out and in. Also it is better to remove the false wall first then start moving other items. Hope this helps.

Hughlo