9-3

2002 SAAB Other

I have a 2002 Saab 9-3. It's been making a squeaking noise, in particular when I back up. I brought it for an oil change and the mechanic told me he thought it was my wheel bearings making the noise, but he did not have the appropriate parts to fix it.

My questions: 1) do you have a ballpark figure for how much this will cost to have fixed? And 2) I don't drive my car very often, is this a problem that needs to be fixed right away? Or can it sit for a while?

Thank you!
Lmattson

What type of squeaking? A very popular squeak or squeel is result from break disk and pads, there are many many and many diffreret explainations of break pad sqeel but as long as u are not loosing brake its nothing to be worried about.

If squeaking sound came out with out applying brake then its not the brake.I am very skeptical on the bearing suggestion, a 2002 saab 9-3 is too new to have a wearing bearing problem.

Iromrs
No need to just leave it for some time no problem at all

Abdul wasah