WON'T START OR STAY RUNNING W

1995 SAAB 9000

1995 Saab 9000 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 92,000 miles

My 1995 Saab is having issues starting. When I first purchased the car (used) it was running fine, and after the first week when I stopped to fill it with gas it refused to start again. We brought it to a Saab technician and had the ignition cassette replaced. It ran fine for about three months. Two weeks ago we went to leave the house and the car wouldn't start. It sounds like it wants to but it just won't catch. After pushing on the gas pedal when it tried to turn over, it started. For the next week and a half it ran fine; no issues at all. Thursday of last week it wouldn't start when I first tried so I added gas to make sure that the gauge wasn't off. It started and ran fine for two days and multiple trips. That Saturday we went to the store and the car wouldn't start again. It started fine in the morning, ran as it usually does (no odds sounds or shaking, etc.) But when we returned from shopping it wouldn't start again. We tried adding gas and after multiple attempts to start the car, we gave up. When we went back to the parking lot and tried the next day it still would not start so we had it towed back to our house. For the sake of trying, I attempted to start the car and it turned over on the second try. After running about 20 minutes the car just stalled out and now is back to not starting again. For the sake of revealing all aspects of the problem it has been excessively rainy out (not sure if that has any bearing on the situation so I though I would throw it out there). I have only had the car for six months now and don't know how much money we can sink into it. Saab techs are very expensive here and I would like to know what we are dealing with before I bring it in to be looked at. Any ideas? I am unsure of the engine size and don't quite know where to find that information.
Bethnsam

WELL it sounds like u have one of two problems of both, 1 bad engine crank position sensor, 2 faulty fuel pump, note if crank sensor is bad fuel pump will not kick in soooooooooooo, replace the cheaper of the 2 the crank position sensor first, after replacing check for fuel pressure & that is if engine still does not start after replacing sensor, also those saabs r very good cars will run forever when serviced right

Mnthny4