NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP

1996 SAAB 900

1996 Saab 900 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

Turns over but doesn't start.

No power to fuel pump or its related fuse. Getting spark to injectors. Relay? If so, where is it and how do I replace it. If not, direct ignition? Other options.

I have a home mechanic doing this and is pretty good. Just comes up a little short on Saab.

Thanks.
Acrcash

Hi, have you scanned the computer for trouble codes. If the ecm dosnt see engine movment such as an MAF or crank angle sensor it will not start the fuel pump. A scan can tell you if the ecm has stored a problem. Please let me know

2CarPros Ken
I am fighting the same problem,(1996 Saab 900) no fuel pump voltage.
I have located the pump relay under the knee bolster driver side, and easter egged relays around, looking for a change.
I tumbled the rear seat, and under the carpet flap on the rear passenger side there is a big rubber cork, remove that, and the 2 connectors are brown fuel gauge, the blue connector is pump.
I have no voltage to the pump during crank.
I metered the harness from there to the front of the car, and have a good ground. (5 or 6 ohms)
The car died a few days ago, then "cured" after sitting for a couple hours. It ran kinda lame for a couple of days, not sporty, but like a Saab. And it started right up.
I figgered with the pump side plug disconnected, that with a regulated 12 volt bench supply that I could verify pump operation, hummm, like a GM, nothing!
I know that I have crank sensor and good ignition because the car will run with a spray bottle prime into the throttle body.
I can't imagine the ECM and pump, calving at the same time....
I hope that the gurus have seen this before.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/219753_DSCF0851_2.jpg

Freezespray
Any answers to this? My car has just started doing the Exact same things! I have done the same steps. Please help

Swannie84
We realized that Saab only gives voltage to the pump during crank. I was looking for voltage in the run position. Once we checked and found that the power was there in crank, we changed the in tank pump. It was possible to cut the carpet and metal below in a circle and pull the pump without dropping the fuel tank. Be careful tapping the lock ring and also be careful orienting the pickup inside the tank. The fuel gauge float could touch in the tank and hangup.
After getting the car to run I siliconed the metal circle and the carpet back in place, and reinstalled the seat. Fixed.

Freezespray
It is the voltage that has a problem, and this affects the furl pump, fuse and its other parts. It's better to replace the voltage in order to make it work.

Satisfaction is derived from a job well done.
Front Pipe Replacement

Sos032781