RADIO CODE

2001 SAAB 9-5

2001 Saab 9-5 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 101454 miles

I replaced the SID unit in my car but I had to rmove the radio to do it. Now the I need a radio code to activate the radio. Where do I get this information from?
Lealabitua

ACCORDING T THE INSTRUCTIONS I GO FROM MITCHELL I NEED A TECH 2 PROGRAMER. WHERE CAN I BUY OR BORROW ONE

Lealabitua
Hey just replacing a sid unit in a [9-5] does not require u to remove radio & then for u to be needing a radio coded to vehicle, r u replacing the radio unit with a new, because for a 9-5 the radios r married to a vehicle for life unless u diverse it from that vehicle, [I J S].

Mnthny4
I bought the car used. The SID was broken so I could not see any of the messages. Once I repaired that I could see that it was asking for a radio code. Maybe, the previous owner replaced the unit. I know radios are married to the car and it should not need to be married again if it is the same unit. But, I don't have the whole history since I bought it like that.

Lealabitua
Well then u will need to take the vehicle to your nearest saab service dealer to have them perform the ceremony wear a jacket & tie LOL, anyway that is your only option taking the car to dealer. Good luck.

Mnthny4