LOTS OF WHITE SMOKE FROM MY EXHAUST

1999 SAAB 9-5

Engine problem
1999 Saab 9-5 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115200 miles

Hey thanks for reading my question I have a 1999 saab 9-5 and I just bought it and it is giving me problems. When I started up my car and was heating it up in the garage white smoke started coming out of the exhaust so I closed the door and opened my other door so the smoke can go out. Five minutes later when I went back to check on it the whole garage was full of smoke. And also when I go in reverse and I turn my wheel it makes a loud popping sound. I think I know what it is but I would like to know from you if it's the same thing. But the smoke is what really concerns me. Thank you for your time
Otiman69

Does the smoke have a sweet smell? Might want to have it chemical tested for a blown head gasket. Teh popping, could be a number of things, need to lift and support front end so you can pry around a little to see if anything is bad

Jack42
You have a failed turbo unit sorry to say, as per your popping sound check front lower control arms rear bushings big round ones almost looking like a mount check if rubber is torn, check with wheels off the ground or check if loose or look rusted at center holding nut.

Mnthny4