COMPACT ALARM 7897

2003 Renault Megane

2003 Renault Megane Front Wheel Drive Manual 35000 miles

Is it possible to increase the sensitivity on these alarms. I can rock and bounce the car without the alarm activating, in fact I doubt it would go off if it got hit by another car. It does activate if I leave the kids inside and lock the car up therefore it is working ok, just needs a bit more sensitivity on the ' shock ' side of things. Any ideas?
Ned120

The alarm and immoboliser on this vehicle is controlled by the BCM (body control module) I do not remeber these vehicles being fitted with a shock sensor ... manufacturers started to leave them off due to major complaints of them being "too" sensative .. if you leave your children in the car and lock the door's the interior movement sensor will set off the alarm .. check with your local dealer to see if there is a shock sensor fitted .. if there is it will have to be reset via diagnostic computer plugged into the car .... hope this helps !!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_272.png

Dave H