RENAULT MEGANE WHEEL PROBLEM

2003 Renault Megane

Steering problem
2003 Renault Megane V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 64000 miles

I have just had an MOT, I do not know if its related but there is a noise coming from the front drivers side wheel area. I notice that there is a clanning noise when I turn the steering wheel. I would appreicate any advisce.

EdenRae

Does the noise occur when you are driving down the road or turning corners? Or does it clank even with the car stood still?

Dave H
It happens when I am going round corners and when I am moving the steering wheel when the car is stood still

EdenRae
It is possible a bush or ball joint is worn. They should have noticed this on the MOT. I would take the vehicle back to garage and have them check this out. A diagnosis of the fault should not cost you anything? If you wish to do the repair yourself. Repost when you have the diagnosis for more help or your local library should be able to supply a manual for the vehicle !

Dave H
I will take the car back to the garage who did the MOT, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much

EdenRae
No problem. Anytime you need more assistance we are here to help. Have a good day

Dave H