ENGINE CUTS OUT

1998 Renault Megane

1998 Renault Megane 4 cyl Manual

Hi there, my megane cut out a couple days ago along the link road going at 60mph and wouldnt restart. The eginition works and the battery seems fine, but when its started the and the engine starts it can be reved for a few seconds then seems to fight with the engine and cuts out.

After that the engine doesnt start up at all.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appericiated.
Lensont

Is there a little red light on the dash flashing constantly. If so, your immoboliser has been set (not an uncommon fault) is the key fob working correctly?

Dave H
No theres no flashing light, and the key works fine

Lensont
You will need to check the fuel pump is getting power when ignition is cranking? Sounds like your getting fuel @initial key ON. But no fuel being pumped while cranking. The fuel pump and wiring is under a the back seat under a black plastic round cover !

Dave H
I had a look at that, its all connected tightly. The revs from the engine spike badly when it trys to start.

Lensont
I do not understand what you are saying it is doing. Go inti a litttle more detail for me?

Dave H