SUSPENSION COLLAPSED ON FRONT PASSENGER

2003 Renault Laguna

Suspension problem
2003 Renault Laguna 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

I have a 2.0l 2003 Renault Laguna, I've only just bought it and I am the second owner.
When I started to move away from the kerb, there was a slight bang, and then the steering felt strange and there was a rubbing noise. I stopped immediately, so I had moved maybe 6feet forwards. I then got out of the car and looked round. I found the front passenger side of the car has dropped so that the wheel is almost rubbing on the body of the car, and must be rubbing when the steering is turned.
What could have happened, and what might have caused this? Before I parked I had completed a 300mile round trip on good roads without any noise or problems, and the car has been well serviced.
Petenoble

Broken spring, ball joint failure, control arm failure, there are a few things that can cause that. Glad to hear you werent out on the highway when it happened. Have a reputable shop look at it for you, if the other side is questionable depending on what happened, you may want to take preventative measures and replace/repair the other side before it breaks

Jack42