POWER STEERING PUMP

2005 Dodge Ram • 150,000 miles

The power steering was not working properly in my dodge ram 1500 5.7 litre hemi. It was making a funny crinkling noise and when I put my fingers on top of the resivior cap I could feel it kinda like tapping. So I thought I would power wash the hoses off before I change it I washed it at that time the power steering was working with the funny noise. After I washed it on my way home I stopped at a friends place when I came out to go home it was like the pump was gone completely very Armstrong steering but when I gave it more gas the steering became easier. I nursed it home and changed the power steering pump the power steering is better but only when I give it gas can I turn the wheel that's sitting still. I took it for a drive and as I give it gas I can turn the wheel not as easy as it should turn though and when I slow down and not giving it gas it becomes very Armstrong steering Can u tell me what that might be thanks
Drelectric

I would say a problem with the steering box, if the pump has been done there is not much else to go wrong.

Mhpautos