REMOVAL OF PASSENGER SEAT

1987 Porsche 911

1987 Porsche 911 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 77,000 miles

The swithces on my passenger seat do not work and I would like to remove the seat from the car. I am able to get to the front allen bolts but can not get to the rear allen bolts due to the position of the seat. Is there a way to manually move the seat forward so I can get to the rear allen bolts?

Even if I can't remove the seat I would like to recline the seat, the seat is currently vertical and uncomfortable for anyone to sit in it. I would like to recline the seat to a comfortable position and then worry about the other issues during the winter months.

Thank you,

Bob
Coll_man

Usually if a power seat stops working the only way to move them is to remove the motors (if acesssible) to allow the seat to move. If you can get to the reclining motor you can unbolt it and move the seat then reinstall. Removing the motor should allow the cable or other mechanism that operates the seat to be removed, which in turn will allow the seat to move. Sometimes it is necessary to work in a small spot with a custom made tool to remove the bolts and take the seat out

Jack42