CAR PERIODICALLY WILL NOT START.

2002 Pontiac Trans Am

2002 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

My car periodically will not start. The battery is new. I had the after market alarm system removed entirely. The starter has been checked (by a mechanic)and eliminated as a problem. 99% of the time it starts in the morning. After I have driven it 20 minutes or so and stop the car (errands) at times it will not start from 10 minutes to a few hours. This is the only " pattern" I see. Please can you tell me what other places I can look? Thank you kindly.
Kervin

Welcome to the forum, you need to do testing when the problem occurs. When the problem occurs, are you saying it cranks good but won't start, or it won't even crank?

If it won't crank, I'd have to check the starter circuit. With intermittent issues, you have to test when the problem is ongoing. If you test when everything is working fine, you can't find anything.

Thank you for your rapid reply.
Does an auto mechanic need to test the starter circuit or is there something I can do to check it?

Kervin
If it refuses to crank, is the theft/security lite on or flashing? Also, there is a starter relay, underhood, driverside fusebox. You can check circuits, there. If no starter action, did you try cranking in neutral?