98 WON'T START

1998 Pontiac Sunfire

1998 Pontiac Sunfire mileage 128000 2.2L. The car won't start. It cranks but does not start. Someone told me it was the fuel pump or the battery and I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter and the battery but still it won't start. Sometimes it does start and it runs good but when I turn it off and wait for a few minutes it won't start again and now it seems that the problem its getting worse. There are some problems with the speedometer and the gauges. The speedometer doesn't work and the gauges go crazy when I press the clutch or the stop pedal (or try to use the horn, which doesn't work either). There are also some noises when I try to start it (clack clack clack noise). What could be causing this problem? I hope you can help me. Thank you.
Dai

I have the same problem with my car except for the gauges going crazy. I think the clank, clank is the A/C compressor clutch and it is seizing or jamming preventing the engine from turning over. I am still trying to figure out the problem with my car but was wondering if you ever found out what was wrong with yours.

Leblancdave

Pinkytonkapr