ENGINE COOLING FAN

1998 Pontiac Sunfire

Engine Cooling problem
1998 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

My '98 Sunfire's engine cooling fan is turning and staying on for about 5 minutes after the car has started and then shutting off. The Relay is good, and I have replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor, which when the gauge chord is unplugged from the sensor, the fan will turn on and run until I plug it back in and then shuts off, even whenever the car is Extremely hot.
EKW940

Does the sensor replaced have two wires yellow and brown? If yes then suspect PCM fault

Docfixit
The plug that runs into the sensor has a yellow and brown wire that connect to the actual plug, but not to the sensor itself.I mean the fan will come on when this is unplugged, and if the AC is on, just not whenever the sensor itself is telling the gauge that the far is way hot.

EKW940
Need OHM meter check ohms across wires at terminal to ECT

Docfixit
I wonder, I didnt drain some of the coolant, nor did I disconnect the battery whenever I replaced the sensor, do you think that would have anything to do with it?

EKW940