SUNROOF IS STUCK OPEN SLI

1997 Pontiac Sunfire

Interior problem
1997 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

I just purchased a 1997 Sunfire with a power sunroof. I opened the sunroof all the way and then closed it just fine. Then next time, it started to open on the passenger side and the driver's side didn't. I could see that it started to look slightly cocked as it was opening. Now, it won't open or close. But it is trying. It will move open and closed a little bit, but not enough to finish in either direction. The passenger side is open about 1/2" towards the rear of the car and the driver's side is all the way down. Any ideas? I'm not even sure how difficult it is to remove the headliner to get a better look. Thanks.
Boris_thespider

I have the same problem with my 99 Grand Am.

Electech79
Well it could be a simple as it's off track or maybe the motor is bad something like that but it's kinda hard to say since i'm not in the car lol but to get the headliner down is simple u will see I think 6 plastic push pins in the headliner they all need to come out (preferably wit a panel removal tool NOT A FLAT HEAD screw driver as u will damage them or break them), the dome light cover too it just pops out, the front pilers need to come off they just pop off as well, and in the back seat those panels there u could just pop the top part too make it easier cause they are a pain to remove the whole way and there you go. Just watch for wires and other things running up there

Pittsteelers