RADIATOR AND POWER STEERING LEAK

Pontiac Sunbird

I have a 92 Pontiac Sunbird, 120,000 miles, 4 cylinder engine. The coolant has been running excessively low, the engine was getting really hot so I took the thermostat out to keep it cooler, and now I have been noticing a coolant smell when I drive. I also noticed the power steering level is getting low as well. The heater also doesn't heat up, the fan blows out cold air even when the car is over heating. The coolant overflow is extremely full and has some sort of oil in it as well. Today the engine has been sputtering when idling as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sconant49

Sounds like this started with a leak in the coolant. The lack of heat was because the coolant level was dropping and not reaching the heater core. After overheating it, it probably damaged the head or headgasket. Now oil is entering the cooling system and probably onne or the other getting into the cylinders causing a misfire. Haive the colling system pressure tested and checked for a headgasket problem.