TROUBLE STARTING

1991 Pontiac Sunbird

1991 Pontiac Sunbird 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 119000 miles

Hi my Sunbird won't start and has had the problem before. I would crank it it and for one reason or another let the key return before it was started. Then I would try starting it again. I would have to wait 15 min spray some starting fluid to get it to start. It happened to me about 5 days ago but when I tried starting it again iin my usual way, it wouldn't. The starter is fine, the distributor has a new rotor, and a clean cap the spark is fine but there is no fuel between the what seems to be some kind of fuel pressure regulator and the throttle body. There wasn't even a trace of fuel in the line. So what can I do? I've been told it's either the pump or filter and how would I go about checking those? Thanx
Ameduvsky

Check the gray wire at the fuel tank for power. If you have power there while cranking over the engine then the fuel pump is bad

Mastertechtim