WONT START AFTER HOT

1989 Pontiac Sunbird

1989 Pontiac Sunbird 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I have an 89 pontiac sunbird gt turbo 2.0L
After driving the car around I would stop somewhere and get out. After 5 minutes coming back to the car it would not start. Last year it would do this and I would turn ignition to run to engage pump and back to off. I did this a few times and it would start. Makes me believe it is a pump/fuel filter problem. I havne't replaced them yet, but today even the turning ignition many times before starting and still wouldn't start. Finally after 5 minutes of this it barely started and ran rough for a few seconds while I pumped the gas to get the rpm's up and it drove fine after that.
Combz21

Have you checked the fuel pump pressure? Has the check engine light come on?

I got a fuel pressure gauge, the fuel pressure is within range. I checked it last week but dont remember what it said off hand. Like 38 psi or something. It held pressure most of the time. I checked it multiple times. One time I did notice it dropping though. Not sure if its because of vacuum or if its an injector leaking. Leaning more to vacuum since it only does it 1/10 times. A leaking injector should do it every time I would think. Guess I will have to pull some plugs and see if they look bad. I only drive the car about 1000 miles at most a year so the plugs should look good as they were replaced a few years ago. The check engive light does come on after 30 seconds or so. I notice the fan kicks on then the light. I will take it in to see what light says.

Combz21
Let me know what you find.