ENGINE MOUNT

1974 Pontiac Parisienne

1974 Pontiac Parisienne V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87070 miles

I recently put oil in my engine, but since the oil was low before I got it changed, I wanted to coat the parts of the engine, so I started to rev the engine. Suddenly, there was a bang, and my engine stopped running. Then a puff of smoke came out of the front of my car, I popped the hood, and nothing was on fire, but the engine was leaking coolant near the engine mount. It looks like the mount broke, but I can't see what else is damaged. Nothing appears to be dented, and nothing was on fire, but now the car does nothing when I turn the key.
Pontiac74

You probaly burnt up a fusible link that runs off the starter or it's got a bad ground something like that. The coolant leak will be best tested by getting it pressure checked. Or you knocked the linkage off which happens alot when you break motor mounts and the nuetral safety switch is preventing you from starting.