DOING MY OWN FRONT BRAKES?

Pontiac Other

2000 bonnevile pontiac

i just replaceed last summer my front and rear brakes and rotors with the help of a mechainc/freind. I had a wheel bearing go bad and it cuased rotor warping, I want to replace the front rotors to fix this along with new pads just to be safe.I want to know how hard it is to change front brake and rotosr, I mean is it something the average joe with medium car repair knowledge can do, or is it something for the proffesnionals? Iv done it once before with a mechianc help. I would like to save myself some money and do it myself but if its a big job I dont want to take it on and screw something up. So can someone please let me know?

thanks
joe
Susman28888

You can handle it. Clean the rotors very good, they usually have a coating to keep them from rusting. Clean all surfaces that the pads and or calipers ride on. Clean and lube the caliper slides with the proper lube (parts store will have this) Best advice is not to use cheap pads, they do not perform as well, and most of the time are noisy. I always recommend OEM pads

Jack42
Thank you so much!

Do the pads? Just slide in or are they fited?

Susman28888
I should still clean the rotors even though there being replaced? Or do you mean remove the protectect film?

Susman28888