99 GRANDAM GT

1999 Pontiac Other

65k miles 3.8 liter V6 with ram air:

Here is a car with some serious electrical gremlins.

My mother bought this car a few years back and has had problems with it since the beginning. First off, When you start the car the horn will honk and the lights will flash on and off. Along with that the door locks would lock and unlock. Now since this all got very annoying we ended up pulling the fuse for the door locks. The trunk on the car opens itself, which also resulted in a fuse getting pulled.

When driving the car you can clearly hear a relay flipping on the passenger side. A lot of the time when you start the car the traction control light will flip on and the car will chime on you, the only solution to that that I came up with was just turning off the traction control.
So to basically sum it all up, The horn honks and the lights flash upon startup, the door locks will lock and unlock themselves randomly when driving the car, And the trunk opens itself. OH and the traction control thing.
BigPaul

I have been having the exact same problem but I can't find anything online about it. I can only find stuff for the Passlock problem. My trunck hasn't started opening itself but I will keep an eye out for that. Did you ever find out what the problem or fix is for this?? I am about ready to just sell it because the lights and clicking is driving me up the wall. e-mail me if you know how to fix it amazonaby@hotmail.com

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/53521_767978162_m_1.jpg

Flashy grand am
Nope, I still have no Idea what the problem is. A friend of mine thought that perhaps the problem could be some sort of security system that could have been installed on the car before she got it. But other than that we are pretty much clueless.

BigPaul