MODELS VIBE - ACCELERATING O

2007 Pontiac Other

Engine problem
2007 Other Pontiac Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25000 miles

I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe and have had intermittant problems with the car revving to high rpm's by itself and surging dangerously forward. This has happened a few times while in cruise control at 100km/h with my feet on the floor nowhere near the pedal so I know it's the car. Just recently I caused alot of damage to another car in a parking lot when, after reversing out of my spot, the car revved up very high and when I tried to ease forward off the brake the car jumped forward before I could react soon enough with heavy braking to avoid hitting the car in front. The car is now at the GM dealer and the outcome of this is in the hands of GM and the insurance adjustor. I have complained to the GM dealer many times about this and have the service reports from them to back that up but am worried they will not own up to the problem even if they find it. I've read about cruise control malfunctions in other cars so could this have something to do with that or could it be something else as well?
Srw77

I have a vibe too. When's it happening in Cruise Control it is more than likely because you sped up manually and then when you took your foot off the gas it start to slow down and then when it went below your cruise control speed it hits the gas to bring you back up to speed.

Also, if you are using cruise control than stop at a light once you start getting close to your previous cruise speed it will give it more gas to get you back to it, if you hadn't turned off the cruise control.

It's kind of weird when it happens, but you'll notice it stops once you hit the speed you set before.

As for it happening in a parking lot at low speeds. I've never had that, seems really odd if you ask me. I'd get that fixed asap! (Last week a lady outside my work had her gas pedal stick and she ended up jumping over to snowbanks, running over some shrubs, hit an suv than ended up inside a liquor store - I don't think you want that to happen)

Xspagx