SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEML LIGHT IS ON

2003 Pontiac Montana

2003 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80300 miles

our van has started to have the center dash read service traction control system. When that automatically comes on the van shuts off the traction system so another light in the dash reads now trac off. Now ever since this happens our cruise control will not work either.
Tbrettnacher

Have it checked for trouble codes in the ABS system. It could have a bad hub assembly or broken wiring harness to the hub.

Dennyp
I am willing to bet that you also don't have any lower brake lights. The traction control, cruise control, and brake lights are all connected and if the brake lights go out the others won't work properly. If changing the bulbs does not work you probably need new cicuit boards which can be purchased on ebay for about $30 each. I just had to make this repair myself and it was very quick and easy.

Gmitchell50
I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana with the same exact issue. My mileage is also around 87k.

I have brake lights, but I pulled and reseated the bulbs and connectors. I also cleaned the battery/ground and reseated the ABS sensor connectors near the hubs. All connectors looked good.

I borrowed a friend's OBD II reader and it shows 0 codes. I am not sure what I should check next.

Slivesey