BLOWER/HEATER-AC

2003 Pontiac Montana

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl 144000 miles

Since I've owned the vehicle (year and a half) neither the AC or heater has worked very well. It does cool and heat up there's just no pressure when on the high setting. It's so bad we leave the AC off in the summer as it's too hot for the kids in the back.
Mavooo

Are you saying that the blower fan is not blowing fast enough?

Is the air that comes out hot (just low volume) or cold (not enough volume)?

Mmprince4000
The heat is hot and cold, cold. I can also hear the fan increase in volume when we turn it up. There is a big difference from the low setting (1) to the high setting (5). I can " hear" the difference, I just can't feel the difference. It's just not as forcefull, the air coming out as it should be. In the summer we would literally have to put our face in front oif it to feel any pressure from the AC. I checked the fuses on the side panel. And they're all fine. The internal fan doors? That switch or turn when you switch modes such as defrost to front vent (whatever it's called) are opening. I can hear the switch over. I'm guessing I need to get a new blower motor.

Mavooo
Yes I would remove blower motor and inspect the fan assy, they can work loose from shaft and you will get a decrease in air speed.

Also could be a "blend door" the device that moves to add or restrict outside air.

But check blower motor fan first.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108325_blower_motor_1.jpg

Mmprince4000
There is a filter in the system, located behind the glovebox, aproximately $15 at your local parts store

Janvansis
Yes, try cabin air filter, pull out and inspect first.

Mmprince4000