REAR VIBRATION AND AXLE BEARINGS GOING BAD

1965 Pontiac GTO

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1965 Pontiac GTO V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 8000 miles

I have a 1965 gto with an LS 2 with T-56 6 speed, moser 9" ford rear with 389 gears. I have baer brakes (track style) metco aluminum control arms (upper adjustable). I have a vibration around 65- 70 miles per hr. On up, never goes away. I have adjusted my pinion angle from +3 to -3. I keep going through rear axels bearings where the rear end grease penetrates the bearing. To stop the vibrations I have replaced the the axels, tires, rims, bearings, driveshaft, universals, center section, and housing. The t-56 tail shaft bushing is tight and there is no seal leak (8500 miles) No broken motor mounts. Drive shaft is balanced. What do you think? Thanks steve
Sfenco

From what you describe you are hammering on this car alot. At least that is my suspicion.I you are getting wheel /axle bearing problems then' i'dhave to suspect some type of wheel hop, straining the bearings. You may have the axle bearings adjusted to tight as well. If memory serves me right, ford axle housing bearings have adjustments on either side. Also i'd check the pinion for out of roundness. Without lookng at it it's hard to diagnose from here.