STALLING

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

I have a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6 engine. A year and half ago I took it to a dealership because it stalled and would not restart. The dealership replaced the fuel pump and it started to run perfectly again. Recently however, I pulled out of my parking spot and it stalled and would not restart. The next day it still would not start when the tow truck driver tried it. When it got to the mechanics it would not start still. He hooked it up to the computer and no codes were read. I told him to check the fuel injector system and pump. He said everything was fine there. Then he tries to start it and bam it starts. So he fixes a window motor and the ac blower and sends me home. For two weeks the car didnt seem to run too badly a bit of jerking as the car would accelerate, but I figured that was the transmission cuz it always jerked a bit at second gear. Today however, on the highway at 65 miles an hour the car jerks violently all the gages drop to zero the battery light pops on and in fear of being stuck on the highway I punch the gas. The car ignites and all the gages go back to normal and I make it to my destination just fine. I figured I would come back to my car and it would not start or it would stall upon me trying to leave, but no. It ran fine back down the same highway. I fear this may be a problem that will result in me getting stranded somewhere and would love some advice as to what could possibly be wrong.
Angelkittyjack

I'm curious is you ever figured out why your car was stalling. I'm having some stall issues with my 2001 and I'm trying to get it resolved. Thanks.

Hd_97_fatboy