STALLING PROBLEMS FOR ; 115,000 MILES

2000 Pontiac Grand Am

A few days ago I had a problem with my car stalling out on me on the highway. It started back up immediately and did the exact same thing about 30 miles later. I replaced the fuel filter and put fuel injector in the tank and it ran fine for a couple of days, then the problem occurred again and far more frequently. I can barely get the car to run a couple of miles, and then it cuts off. I’m still getting power to everything; the power panel still works fine, I’m just losing power to the engine. The car will start back up after a few minutes, then goes through the same thing. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem would be appreciated. I noticed a few other posts with similar problems, but I noticed there were panel light problems, which I am not experiencing.
K_mitch

Hey k,
Your either loosing spark or fuel when it dies. So I would suggest checking the connections for the fuel pump back by the fuel tank, also check the connections up by the ignition module (immediately under where the plug wire go on top of the engine)
Some other possibilities are the crank sensor, fuel pump or the ignition module itself. Do you have a check engine light on? Let us know!

Chris

Carundell
Thanks for the quick repsonse. The only light I get is the sevice vehicle light, not the service engine. That one hasn't come on since I've been having this problem.

K_mitch