FAN WORKS ON 4 AND 5 BUT NOT 1 2 OR 3

Pontiac Grand Am

: shock: Brrr. Where's the heat?

Winter's hit, we turn on the fan on 1, than on 2, and on 3 and nothing! No sound, no fan, no blowing air, no heat. On 4 and 5 it blows enough air to quickly turn our ice cube car into a 5 person mobile sauna - yuk. We are able to control the amount of heat with the cold to hot dial. But this isn't practical as we have 3 kids in the back that are cold or overheated. Did I mention my eyes dry up, burn than tear up as I'm driving?

Now before you answer this query. All joking aside!

Not so innocent. Here's the twist. I suspect that my 18 month old son may have taken a 2$ coin and dropped it into the vent (like a piggy bank or parking meter slot) while I was cleaning my car this past fall. But really. Is that enough to make it stop working just on 1, 2, and 3?

I suspect something like the radiator? Or the motor of the fan? Or am I off the beaten path here? Any suggestions please! We really need to fix this.

My car is a Pontiac Grand Am SE 2001 120,000km
FixXIF

Try the switch. If not, the blower. Most likely not the motor but the electrical connection because it's completely dead not whining or failing. If it was the radiator ( actually heater core) then it wouldn't work at all

Canvis69@yahoo.com