CAR NOT STARTING

2002 Pontiac Grand Am

2002 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

o k this is what I have. I changed out the heads on my car and now it won't start. I ran an O B D 2 scan and there were no codes, ran fuel pressure test witch is 56 psi, compression test #1 was 40'60, 90,120 #2 was 60, 90,120,150, #3 was 50, 70,100,120, #4 was 60, 90,120,150 #5 was 30, 60,110,130 #6 was 50,100,150,150 all numbers are psi for each cycle in order. I took the motor back apart to make sure I had the push rods correct. I made sure all connections was in place, I made sure all grounds were hooked up and most importantly there were no spare parts. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DaymondH

Does the engine crank REAL fast? I've done alot of these heads and I've had the lifters bleed down from sitting and it will cause a no start. Also make sure none of the pushrods are bent. The fuel pressure is in spec and the compression test looks good. Make sure you have spark also. Post back with what you find and any other questions.

Brian 1
It cranks at normal speed and I have inspected the push rods because that was my first assumption. But a while back I had to change the ignition lock and key but did not have to have the security system relearned. The car had been cranking just fine. The reason I changed the heads is because the car was running hot and water was coming from the tail pipe.I bought used heads from a barely ised place they gave me one from a pontiac and the other from a monte carlo. The one from the monte has different sized rocker arm bolts but the guy said that it would still work. After putting everything back together I had the ICM tested and I had to replace it.I have fuel and spark but no crank or backfire. No combustion at all.

DaymondH
This will be hard to answer without being there. Check for a broken valve sping, also you might still have several lifters that bled down, try changing the oil. When these vehicles sit when there apart the lifters bled down so badly they wont start, this has happened several times to me. This will give no compression. Also try squirting oil down each cylinder and try to start it, when you remove the heads coolant get into the engine and strips the cylinder walls of oil and this will also give a compression loss. Last thing try relearing the theft deterent, start the car let it stall (the security light will flash)leave the key on wait about 10-12 min or until the securty light stays solid and within 5 seconds turn the key off and to start and see if it starts. Post back with what you find.

Brian 1
I am trying to get a hold of a scan tool everything else is good so the only other option I have is the security sysem. I will contact you with the results.

DaymondH