INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET PROBLEM?

2001 Pontiac Grand Am

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

hi my name is joe and I just bought a 2001 pontiac grand am se1 v6 3.4l. I noticed at first a little rough idle but not to bad. Yesterday I checked and am seeing coolant and possible oil on drivers side motor, also when I opened the coolant resavoir it was thick and dark brown, I checked my oil and it was normal. I was told this motor is notorious for its intake gasket leak is it that or something else, I also checked in the resavoir and no bubbles would it make a difference because of the thickness of not seeing bubbles, also I dont think there is any smoke other than regular exhaust I smelled it and it just smelled like regular exhaust im going to take it to the dealership and have it looked at on wednesday will it be ok to drive it there I live about 20 miles from it PLEASE HELP!
Crazyjn84

Those had issues with intake gaskets leaking.I cant say it is ok to drive, but if you fill up the coolant you should make it to the shop. If there is no rough running or excessive steam/moisture out of the tail pipe im sure it is just an intake gasket failure. Have the cooling system flushed very thoroughly, the oil will deteriorate the rubber hoses. Also have a new thermostat installed when they do the intake gaskets, much easier at that time and probably due anyway

Jack42